2020 may look different than years past, but Pigeon Forge is keeping the American spirit alive and well in the safest way possible. Independence Day in the Smokies will be just as fun but less crowded this time around.
Here are a few ideas on how to make the most of the 4th of July while you’re here!
- If you’re staying at a cabin or a hotel with an open area, ask if you can cook out! Hamburgers and hot dogs just taste better on the 4th.
- Instead of fireworks, opt for sparklers! They make for beautiful night time photos and are much safer than large fireworks in wooded areas. You can buy these at the Fireworks store at exit 407. In areas where locals live, there are tents scattered across town that sell them too!
- Play a round of rooftop minigolf at Crave Golf Club during the fireworks show at Patriot Park! The show starts at 9:30 p.m., and Crave is open until midnight every night. It’s the perfect distance from Patriot Park to keep you out of the crowd and give you an awesome view.
- Just like hamburgers and hot dogs, ice cream is best on Independence Day! We have a few favorite ice cream parlors: Curle de la Creme rolls their ice cream into beautiful swirls and garnishes them with your favorite toppings. For a more classic option, the Old Mill Creamery has the best ice cream made according to an original recipe from back in the day.
- See the most American show in all of Pigeon Forge- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Supper Show! In fact, this show is the most affordable dinner show in the area, consisting of food, fun, and competing Lumberjacks!
Celebrating Independence Day in the most visited national park in America is so special! Maximize your family time with all of these fun activities. Have fun and be safe, y’all!