Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Dollywood officials made the decision to close their gates back in March 2020. After much thought, experts believe now is the time to reopen to the public.
Dreamer-in-Chief, Dolly Parton, has a message for everyone:
“Things have changed for all of us, and that’s okay, because now we’re ready to see you here and happy with us again. To share the beauty of our mountains, to just be together, safer and stronger than ever before. We can’t wait to see you at Dollywood again soon; brighter days are here!”
June 15th and 16th will be open to season passholders only, then the park will open to the general public on June 17th.
Here is some new information everyone should know:
- New Park Reservation System- They will be reducing daily capacity by having guests make a reservation prior to visiting. This will aid control of social distancing guidelines. The process is quick and easy for your convenience.
- 2020 Season Passes- These will be extended to June 15th, 2021. No action is needed by you, just hold on to your pass and they will automatically extend to this date.
- Daily capacity is limited. Guests must reserve their visiting date.
- Face masks or face coverings are required for all ages 3 and up.
- Temperature will be taken prior to entry. If a temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees fahrenheit, that guest and guests who came with them will not be allowed to enter.
- Attraction and dining capacities will be limited to ensure staff can sanitize and guests have plenty of room to move around.
- Physical distancing measures have been put in place with marks 6 ft apart throughout the park.
- Increased focus on cleanliness. Cleaning in high-traffic areas will be increased and hand sanitizer is accessible in multiple locations around the park.
These are exciting times! As Pigeon Forge adjusts to the new “normal”, we are all learning at our own pace. We are so excited to see our town filled with friendly faces from all over the world again!
Additional information regarding precautions and safety measures being taken can be found here.